Can you tell if a cat will be friendly, aggressive or laid-back simply by taking a quick look at its color? That question has perplexed cat owners and scientists alike for years. Although it's pos ...View Article
You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
Riverside has an active volunteer program sponsoring volunteers starting at the age of 12 and up. We encourage anyone interested in learning more about a veterinary practice to apply to become a volunteer.
To be accepted into the volunteer program at Riverside, please do the following:
1) Fill out a volunteer application and have your parent sign it if you are under the age of 18.
2) Drop off your application at the hospital.
3) The practice manager will review your application and call you to set-up an orientation appointment. The orientation appointment should include your parent if you are under the age of 18. This orientation takes between 10-15 minutes. Be prepared with your schedule to know when you will be available to volunteer.
4) A volunteer between the age of 12 and 14 will be scheduled one volunteer shift to evaluate maturity to become a regular volunteer. After that assessment, a determination will be made and your parent will be notified about your volunteer status.
5) Volunteer shifts last no longer than 4 hours on any day. Volunteers that are accepted in our program may volunteer anytime they would like as long as we have no more than 3 volunteers on one shift at one time.
6) All volunteers that are unable to make a scheduled shift are required to call into the Technical Team Leader or Practice Manager as soon as they know they will be absent.
7) All volunteers must follow the code of conduct and dress code signed on their volunteer application.
If you have more questions about becoming a volunteer, please contact our Practice Manager at (252) 442-3636.